Pennsylvania Sales Tax Audit Defense
Navigating Sales Tax Audits with Precision
As a business owner, you have a lot on your plate. From managing your employees to ensuring your business is profitable, you have a lot of responsibilities. The last thing you need is to deal with a sales tax audit. Unfortunately, the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue (DOR) conducts sales tax audits on businesses in the state, which can be a major headache. At Sales Tax Helper, we understand how difficult it can be to appeal a sales tax audit. Our team is here to help. We can represent you during appeals and help you get the best possible outcome.
Call Sales Tax Helper LLC today at (866) 458-7966 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our Pennsylvania sales tax audit defense consultant!
What to Expect During a Sales Tax Audit in Pennsylvania
It's no secret that the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue (DOR) is aggressive regarding sales tax audits. If your business is being audited, it's essential to be prepared for what's to come. Here's what you can expect during a sales tax audit in Pennsylvania.
What to expect during a Pennsylvania sales tax audit:
- Notice of audit. The DOR will send you a notice letting you know that your business will be audited. The notice will provide a lot of information about what you can expect, so read it carefully.
- Review of records. During the audit, the DOR will want to review your sales tax records, including your sales tax returns, sales invoices, purchase orders, and more. It's essential to have these records organized and ready to go.
- On-site visit. Sometimes, the DOR may want to visit your business in person. During this visit, they will inspect your business's operations and review your sales tax records. Preparing your records is essential if the DOR wants to visit your business.
- Interview. The DOR will likely want to interview you or someone on your team during the audit. During this interview, they will ask about your business's sales tax practices. It's important to be honest and provide accurate information during the interview.
- Audit report. After the audit, the DOR will provide you with an audit report. This report will detail any errors or discrepancies the auditor found. If you agree with the report, you can pay the amount due. If you disagree with the report, you can file an appeal.
PA Sales Tax Audit Defense Strategies
When you are being audited by the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue (DOR), it's important to have a defense strategy. The DOR is aggressive during sales tax audits, so it's essential to be prepared. Here are some sales tax audit defense strategies that can help you protect your business:
- Work with a sales tax professional
- Conduct an internal audit
- Keep good records
- Understand your rights
Contact Our Team Today
At Sales Tax Helper, we understand how stressful dealing with a Pennsylvania sales tax audit can be. Our team of consultants is here to help. We can guide you through every step of the audit, from preparing for it to appealing the audit findings. If you need to resolve a sales tax issue with the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue, don't hesitate to contact us today to learn more about our services.
Contact Sales Tax Helper LLC today to meet with our Pennsylvania sales tax audit defense consultant!
Jerry is the best! I made the mistake thinking I could deal with the use tax auditor on my own not realizing that I would be ...- Gary O.
Sales Tax Helper can make miracles happen. Jerry was able to wipe hundreds of thousands of dollars off a NY sales tax bill ...- Zalmi D.
Jerry was very helpful and listened to all our concerns. I will definitely be using his services again.- Joyce J.
Owning a Texas car dealership is demanding work, so taking on a Texas Sales Tax Audit was a daunting task for us – we didn’t ...- Ata A.
Salestaxhelper.com is run by true professionals that understand the complexities of operating a multi-state business. They're ...- Brennan A.